members and supporters,
I just received an e-mail from LJ Spotlight asking to submit up to 5 entries so that one of them may be chosen for in the LiveJournal 10th Anniversary Anthology.
See the details: ( Read more...Collapse )
This post will serve as the voting place for the entries. Here is the deal:
- You may suggest and/or vote for up to 5 entries in day_on_earth. I hope that the Spotlight entry will include comments as well so look for the posts with a great top picture and great comments.
- To suggest an entry, please comment directly to this post. The subject of the comment must be the date of the post (include the year) and the contents of the comment must have the link to the post. Your suggestion counts as a vote as well.
- To vote for posts already suggested, comment their suggestion with +1 (or anything)
- If you like a suggestion so much that you want to vote for it more than once, please add separate comments with +1 rather than one with, say, +3: I will count the number of comments
- The total number of each user's votes (including suggestions) must not exceed 5
- No anonymous comments, please! They will not be counted.
- Please do not remove your own suggestions that someone has already voted on
Note that there are a couple of considerations, such as the author of the post must give their permission to print the entry and all images must be available in at least 300 dpi. I understand that this may complicate things, but I hope we can deal with this when/if the entry is selected. However, please choose among relatively recent entries so that their authors are more likely to be available to provide the originals and sign the paperwork. I still think it's a very cool opportunity and worth trying for!Please submit all your comments before noon CST on Sunday, March 29th,
I will tally the results and send the top 5 posts then. Click here
to know what your local time that would be.
I will not
be receiving comment notifications from this post. If you would like to contact me, please leave a comment in my journal or reply to any of my comments.
Thanks to everyone for voting and thanks to all those who post pictures in day_on_earth
Your faithful moderator _rowan_tree_